Biblioasis is a literary press based in Windsor, Ontario, committed to publishing the best poetry, fiction and non-fiction in beautifully crafted editions.
For review copy inquires, contact Emily: email@example.com.
For general inquires and help with online orders, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Contact Info
Biblioasis books are sold & distributed in Canada by Ampersand/UTP.
Booksellers can order at the following numbers:
Toll Free: 1-800-565-9533
Toll Free Fax: 1-800-221-9985
For a full list of Ampersand/UTP contacts, click here.
International Contact Info
Biblioasis titles are distributed in the U.S.& Abroad by Consortium:
Biblioasis publishes twenty to thirty works of literary fiction, including short fiction collections; nonfiction; translation; and poetry per year. We receive hundreds of submissions each year and selection is highly competitive. Very few unsolicited manuscripts are accepted for publication.
There are no firm rules regarding styles and genres that interest us. That said, we rarely consider fantasy, sci-fi, self-help, YA, cookbooks, picture books, or children’s books. We are looking for works of exceptional literary and cultural merit across the board. From established writers, we seek work that can stand shoulder-to-shoulder with books by Clark Blaise, Graeme Macrae Burnet, Lucy Ellmann, Stephen Marche, Kathy Page, Eric Ormsby, or Rinaldo Walcott. From emerging writers, we look for potential within both the work and the author: we’re proud to have published debuts by Kathleen Winter, Alexander MacLeod, Luke Hathaway, Kevin Lambert, Alice Petersen, and more.
If you would like to submit your manuscript to us, we ask that you take time to familiarize yourself with the books on our list. It makes a significant difference to know that a prospective author understands and believes in what we do. If you feel strongly that Biblioasis is the right press for you, please follow the steps outlined below.
- We do not accept previously published (including self-published) works.
- While the majority of our authors and translators are Canadian, we do selectively consider international submissions.
- Given our present publishing commitments, it is unlikely that new unsolicited works of fiction or poetry will see publication within two years.
- Electronic submissions only. To submit electronically, please email your manuscript as an attachment to email@example.com. PDF, .doc, .docx, and .rtf files are accepted. We will send confirmation that your submission has been received. Please send your manuscript only once: revised and updated versions will not be read, so make sure you’re happy with your text before sending.
- In your cover letter, tell us why you think your book is a good fit for our list and outline your previous publications and relevant experience. Include the cover letter in the body of your email or as a separate attachment.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine! Please let us know in your cover letter if the manuscript is under consideration elsewhere. If it is accepted by another publisher, kindly reply to your submission email to let us know your good news so that we can withdraw the manuscript from our consideration.
- Please be patient. We will try to respond promptly, but have a very small staff and receive hundreds of submissions each year, so it may take up to twelve months for your manuscript to be considered. Please do not call or email to check on the status of your submission: we will respond as quickly as possible.
Biblioasis is currently closed to poetry submissions. We aim to reopen again for another submission period in spring 2024.
Poetry submission guidelines:
- We can only consider unpublished work. Individual poems in the manuscript may have appeared in journals or anthologies, but the collection as a whole must not have appeared in either print or digital editions.
- Manuscripts should range between 48 and 120 pages in length.
- Only one submission per writer will be reviewed. Multiple submissions will be deleted unread.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. To submit, please email your manuscript as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF, .doc, .docx, and .rtf files are accepted. We will send confirmation that your submission has been received. Please send your manuscript only once: revised and updated versions will not be read, so make sure you’re happy with your text before sending.
- Please include a cover letter outlining your previous publications and relevant experience. Include your cover letter as the first page of your manuscript.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine! If your manuscript is accepted by another publisher, kindly reply to your submission email to let us know your good news so that we can withdraw it from our consideration.
Please send all inquiries to email@example.com.
Otherwise, feel free to direct your questions to one of our Biblioasis staff members.